Airbrush Before and After Care
We want you to have the best possible results from your airbrush,
so, we recommend following these suggestions:
- Shaving and waxing should be done prior to application. Major waxing (arms/legs) should be done at least 24 hours prior
- Exfoliate with Bora Bora Body Polish and the Resurfacing Exfoliating Mitt (apply the body polish to the mitt and thoroughly scrub entire body. Also works great to remove unwanted airbrush tan)
- It is OK to wear lotion (if it does NOT contain mineral oil or parabens)
- It is ok to wear deodorant and/or makeup (tanning solution will penetrate thru makeup)
- Barrier cream is only needed on NON-painted nails
- Bring loose dark clothing and flip flops to wear after as cosmetic bronzer may rub off
- Spray tanning is the last service to be completed (after waxing, nails, makeup application etc.…)
- Avoid showering or perspiring for 8 hours (or 2-4 hours with the Express solution)
*note: With the regular (8-hour) solution it is OK to leave on for more than 8 hours, it will NOT continue developing
But with the express (2-hour) solution YOU MUST RINSE WITHIN 2-4 HOURS, because it continues developing and can turn orange. For this initial rinse ONLY USE WATER (soap products can interfere with the developmental process). Color will temporarily go away after shower. It will begin to show after few hours.
Avoid: Mineral oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, and Parabens
- Use Bikini Island Body Wash while showering and apply Moorea Moisturizer after: hydrated skin is key to a healthy-looking spray tan. Use the Moorea Moisturizer everyday
- The spray tan lasts 7-10 days on the body, and about 3-4 days on the face, hands and feet. Use Tahitian Tan Mist for touch-ups on the face, hands and feet
- Prolong the tan with Tahitian Tan Extender. Begin using the extender on day 4 of your tan. We suggest using the Moorea Moisturizer in the mornings and the tan extender at night. Can extend the tan for up to 2 weeks!
- Spray tanning products do not contain SPF and will not protect your skin from the sun. Use Shade SPF 30 Sport Lotion with any sun exposure
- It takes 12-24 hours for the color from your spray tan to fully develop. Even after showering your tan will continue to get darker.